15 Jan CONTAINERS FOR CHANGE
CONTAINERS FOR CHANGE
WIPA Schme ID Code: C10350126
Wedge Island Protection Association (WIPA) is excited to announce our community involvement in recycling initiative with Containers for Change.
As well as showing a united commitment to maintaining our pristine coastal environment and encouraging better recycling behaviours in our community and surrounding areas, Containers for Change provides an exciting opportunity for WIPA, the community and its visitors to Wedge, in way of helping raise vital funds to continue working towards the long-term sustainability of Wedge, the largest last remaining informal shack settlement in Western Australia.
So, why not help us by turning your containers into change today?
There are four types of refund points in WA where you can return eligible containers. The best one for you could depend on how many containers you’re returning and how you would like to receive your refund.
- Bag Drops
- Reverse Vending Machines – RVMs (example below)
- Pop- Up Drop Off Points
It’s as simple as this:
- Collect your eligible containers.
- SAVE Barcode picture to your smart phone.
- Return your containers to your local collection point.
- Have your phone ready to scan the Wedge scheme ID barcode, then start processing your containers.
- Donations will automatically be processed on your behalf directly to WIPA.
- BARCODE: By saving it to your smart phone’s Apple Wallet or WalletPasses for Android users, you’ll find it even easier to return containers and deposit your donation.
WIPA is currently working on providing a suitable drop point at the Wedge Waste Transfer Station also, watch this space!
In the meantime, find a depot point nearest you: